Friday, August 04, 2006
1.2. Untitled
As I've already mentioned, Ma'am G was very close with most of my classmates. Particularly with Al. And so was I. One time, for several months, Ma'am G lend her cellphone to Al. I'm not sure why, it kind of weirds me out too. Why would one person allow a friend to use her phone/number for months? Hmm, maybe now I can ask her? Anyway, back to my story. So I was sending text messages to that number every now and then. Asking this and that to Al, forwarding her quotes and jokes. I found out later on that she already returned the phone to Ma'am G. Al mentioned that Ma'am G asked her not to tell me cuz she liked getting my messages. So that explains why most of the reply I got during the past few weeks are about prayers, chain text and serious stuff, and not those green jokes Al usually send. Quote forwarding kept on, til I finally had the courage to text her. 'Nasa sainyo na po pala ang cell ni Al. Salamat sa inyong mga mensahe.' (Al told me you finally got your phone back. Thank you for all your messages.)I wasn't sure if she'll reply after that. Luckily, she did.

We became text buddies instantly, she was my confidant and she was always ready to give me advice. And vice versa. Even with small teenage drama or about my family, she always has a way to uplift me. Though not so much as understand them, but to learn to accept things as they are. I'm always grateful she was there during those times. When we started talking about boys, crushes, and those 'missed opportunities in love', I knew right then that I could trust this person. I wanted to trust this person. Sometimes it was hard for her to keep quiet, especially when she's trying to make a joke. She almost blurted out my crushes' names to my classmates. Sigh. By that time, she finally acknowledges me whenever I'm with my other 3 friends. But I was still very quiet in person.

February 23. The first time the two of us got together. And I mean, just the two of us. Was when Al gave birth to her first child. It was the turning point of our friendship. We went together to the clinic to visit our bestfriend. Later on, we hang out in KFC. The discussion was very serious, though I cannot remember most of it. It was unconsciously decided that we love chatting in KFC. Not Greenwich, not Jollibee, but KFC. Probably cuz of the snack attack promo where you could get a decent meal for only P18! We've always felt there's this ambiance in that place where you can have a heart to heart talk and nobody can disturb/distract you. Well, umm.. aside from that lady who sells Dried Mangos '3-for-100'. Or those working students who sells prayer cards with Mama Mary on it, morphing with Jesus Christ's image. Actually, that person was part of that special day. The vendor overheard us talking about our frustrations, and she mumbled something like we need those prayer cards more than anybody. Only because we didn't buy any of her cards, but she did earn our most precious glare.

It was past 6pm when we finally left our seats, and it was the first time I've been out that late. We bid our goodbyes. And as I walked home that night, I felt very happy yet scared. Happy that I've found this special person, and afraid of my Mama's forthcoming sermon.


(To Be Continued)


Thank you to everyone who commented on my work. I truly appreciate it, this is my first time to write a story. Please be gentle. lol. And yes, reaction please...

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Para sa mga hindi nakakaalam, magaling pong writer si B1.. watch her masterpiece on my blog soon.. ibubuko kita bestfrend :-)
 
posted by Redge at 2:52:00 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments: