Monday, August 07, 2006
1.3. Untitled
I guess it's always been true when people say 'things happen for a reason.' During the last few days of February that year, I was saddened by the fact that one of my best friends is slipping away. Al is starting her own family, she has a baby to care for... and apparently, she won't have any time to hang out with me after class. I wasn't aware that just a few miles away, somebody feels the same way. Ma'am G was also very close to Al, and she revealed that she was somewhat 'angry' at her. We both couldn't blame Al. She's always been a great friend, she deserves all the nice things in life that would make her happy. And we should respect her decision. Still, we're just your normal selfish human beings. As we sulk ourselves to our own little corner, me and Ma'am G connected.

We became what was popularly known as 'kitiki-txt.' A phrase used to describe someone who's addicted to text messaging (i.e. who's texting wherever he/she goes, goes to sleep with their cellphone beside them, or simply texting 24/7.) During the first few weeks, we would use up P300 worth of phonecard for only 3 days--the latest. I can't remember what we were talking about, but I do know that only after a few days it seemed like we've known each other forever.

It was funny how, over the next few weeks,we've learned that we have so much in common. From simple things like enjoying our 'pancit canton' (a.ka. chow mein) with rice to major stuff like being attracted to boys with 'spiked' hairstyle. Yes, THAT IS a major thing. We even share our shallow, and often dramatic personalities. But conflicts was still present. She was the outgoing kind, and would tell you straight out what she feels while I was the complete opposite. I was timid, always serious and very conscious on how rude/inconsiderate she comes off with her carefree personality.

Then came mid-March, I was on my final year in college and I'm starting to have a breakdown with my thesis. Needless to say, as our thesis adviser, Ma'am G was there to support us all the way. Even lending her computer and letting us crash in her place so we can finish up the flowcharts and documentations. Eventhough I also have a computer at home, and I do most of the program design over there... still, I find it comforting that we have another place to get together. I couldn't allow my thesis-mate to hang out at home for hours because I feel like my family members are always watching or listening to us. I don't know, maybe it's just me. Anyway, aside from giving Belle and I a chance to thoroughly discuss our thesis, it was also another way for me to hang out with my new 'friend.' My other classmates would also drop by Ma'am G's place every now and then, getting their documentations checked or simply hanging out. Thesis has always been nerve-racking, but it became a memorable and special experience for me. I was always worrying, and Ma'am G was always there ready to give a helping hand and always the first one to believe that I could do anything. She gave me the PUSH I needed, eventhough it seems more like a SHOVE.

THE END.





just kidding.

(to be continued)


Note to the readers: My bestfriend asked me the other day when would I finish this blog/entry and I answered that it will be one continuous story. Unless she wants to end this friendship, then I'll know the sad finale of this blog. My initial plan was to chronicle every important detail of our friendship. As for the ending, I guess we'll have to wait and see...
 
posted by Redge at 4:46:00 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 09 August, 2006 15:45, Blogger REM

    hmmm...daming bagong impormasyon. buti na lang at ibinahagi mo sa amin ang kwnto ng friendship nyo.

    w8 namin ang susunod na kabanata ...sana walang end.

     
  • At 10 August, 2006 04:36, Blogger Mmy-Lei

    hay grabe! unti-unti ng nabubuko si mam teks.

    sarap naman ng thesis nite nyo, may hang-out na, may adviser pa, meron pang pansit! sarap naman!

    ano pa kaya ang susunod na kabanata? ....

     
  • At 10 August, 2006 14:05, Blogger Redge

    Maraming salamat clown at mmy-lei sa inyong komento. Ang sarap isipin na merong ng-aksayang basahin ang mga sinulat ko. hahaha! ^_^

     
  • At 11 August, 2006 08:38, Blogger lheeanne

    Wala nga nman talagang ending ang isang friendship. para ngang laging nasa beginning palang ito everytime na me natukalasan kayong something new about each other dba?

    Your friendship is real, u compliment each other and u guys are like soulmates.... ur open in everything at hindi naging hindrance ang distance for ur friendship.. para parin itong great wall of china.. ehehe! ur both great and u deserve this friendship!

     
  • At 11 August, 2006 13:49, Blogger Redge

    @bstfrnd, ang tanda ko anim ata na cards naubos sa loob ng isang buwan ung sau, akin e walo. hahaha!!! tinago pa nga natin un db! inaanay na ata ung sakin sa apt. :p ndi ko feel pancit canton mo.. kc ndi chili-mansi. at pangatlo, kung gusto mo mgkwento about away.. kaw naman mgpost... nkkhalata ka na..ndi ka na ngppost ng entry ah! ^_^ hehehe.

    @tutubing_karayom, ang ganda naman ng sinabi mo. saktong sakto. MAKINIG KA HA, Tekla! kaswerte mo tlga sakin. nyahaha!!!

     
  • At 11 August, 2006 21:41, Blogger lheeanne

    naku, vice Versa yun! hahah! maswerte kayong dalawa sa isat isa!

     
  • At 15 December, 2007 17:50, Blogger Unknown

    pacomment ha..

    wala pa bang unlimited nun??hahahahahha.. buti ngayon unlimited na, un 300 nyo pang 1month na..hahahah